Do I need a referral to use your service?
- No, you don’t just call up to book a time
Is my injury suitable for online consultations?
- Online physio is suitable for most musculoskeletal conditions such as post-operative management, overuse injury, muscle strain and many more.
- If you are unsure, please call up and we can assess to see if you are suitable for online physiotherapy.
If online physio isn’t for me, how will I know?
- We will provide you with a referral to your doctor or a face to face physiotherapist in the instance that you may need to see one for any reason include scans or hands on assessment.
How can an online physio diagnose my injury if they haven’t even touched me?
- In any physiotherapy consult, the therapist will ask you a series of specific questions designed to determine what they need to know to diagnose your injury.
- At this point the therapist will sometimes confirm these with a physical assessment of you completing movements and the therapist observing.
- Both processes are hands off and are the standard protocol for any in rooms treatment session. Hence, we follow the same process to diagnose online as we do in rooms.
How can a physio treat me without using their hands?
- The traditional view of physiotherapy is that we use our hands to massage, mobilise and manipulate. Yet this is a very dated way of treatment and in fact is now only a very small portion of what we do as therapist.
- Educating you on your diagnosis and condition, altering lifestyle factors that may be contributing to your condition and providing you with an exercise program are the most important parts of a physiotherapy consult. These are each designed for long term results and aim to ensure that we address the original cause of the problem, not just the symptoms.
- Despite this, if we feel that you need hands on treatment at all, we will let you know!
How will I know if I am doing the exercises correctly?
- We use a digital exercise program that sends you videos and instructions on how exactly to perform the movement. This application also has a messaging feature which gives you the chance to message your therapist at any time with questions or to get feedback.
- With a webcam, we can also observe your movements within the treatment session.
How do I pay for the service?
- Upon booking the appointment, we send out an invoice. This can be paid by direct deposit as usual through your bank account. This needs to be paid BEFORE your appointment.
Is it Medicare funded on a GP care plan?
- It sure is!
What if I'm DVA?
- Yep, DVA cover the costs.
Do I need any fancy equipment or software?
- If you have a smart phone, tablet or computer with a webcam we can use the online consultation service. Ensure you have a stable internet connection too, we don’t want to lose you halfway through the appointment!
Does my private health insurance cover this?
- As of April 14, 2020, through until September 30th, 2020 most Health Insurance companies are funding telehealth or online consultations. Please check with your provider to ensure that physiotherapy is covered. We can provide a receipt for you to claim with your insurance company.